Face muscles – Want to look bright and fresh, not only have to use cream and facial care. Facial gymnastics can be an easy way to for face muscles treatment and certainly without using chemicals.
Not only does the body muscles need gymnastics, the face muscles also requires gymnastics to feel fresher and look younger.
How to Do Exercises for Face Muscles
Facial massage and gymnastics can increase blood circulation, as well as supply nutrients to the skin area of your face.
Although how much effect it has on the health of facial skin, it still needs further investigation.
The following are some easy ways to do facial exercises that you can practice at home or anywhere. You are recommended to do the following facial gymnastic movements 5 times in each movement. So that facial exercises can be done easily, do it while sitting in front of the glass.
Here are some facial exercises:
- Lift both eyebrows then bring the eyebrows closer to each other (frowning). You can use your fingers to help feel this facial movement.
- Wrinkle your nose. Take a deep breath through your nose, then throw away with the nostrils flaring.
- Move both sides of the lips outward using your fingers to form a smile. Then release your finger and hold it for a while. Then release one by one, for example the left side first, then the right side.
- Press both of your lips like you are pinching. Or use a tool such as a small straw between the lips.
- Pinch the end of the stem of a cotton bud or small straw on one side (right / left) of your mouth, then hold it for a few moments. Then release it.
- The movement of your mouth is like saying the letter ‘U’. After that, try to pull and lower the two corners of your mouth.
Easy Ways Massage Face Muscles
After doing facial exercises, you can gently massage your face by using a facial moisturizing cream so that facial muscles relax. Don’t forget, wash your hands before doing a facial massage.
- For starters, gently pull the right and left sides of your neck upward by using the four fingers of your hands alternately. Repeat 5 times.
- Massage the jaw using all four fingers from both hands, doing it in a circular motion on the jaw of the face. Also do this movement 5 times.
- Massage rotate your chin area for 2 minutes by placing both thumbs on the chin and the two index fingers under the chin (such as pinching the chin).
- After that, massage the parts of your cheeks using four fingers rotating for several minutes.
- Massage around your eyes using the ring finger for 5 times. Starting from the tip of the eye part of the temple, then the bottom of the eye, then to the inner corner of the eye, to the area above your eyebrows.
- Then massage your forehead using the tips of your fingers, by clamping the forehead between the two fingertips. Do this movement from the right side to the left forehead then vice versa. Do it five times with the zigzag.
When doing facial exercises and also massages, you are recommended to do all the above movements gently and carefully.
The Myth of Facial Gymnastics
Before you do facial exercises, make sure in advance what your goals are for doing facial exercises. Because even though you can make your face feel fresh, there are a number of facial gymnastics myths that you also need to know. Among them:
Facial Gymnastics can keep the face straight
If your goal to do facial exercises is to keep up your face, you should not expect too much. Although doing facial exercises may be able to tighten the muscles, it does not mean it can make cheeks taper. To get thin cheeks, a healthy diet is needed to lose weight. Cosmetic surgery procedures are also often needed to get a thin face.
Facial Gymnastics can reduce wrinkles
Some people may believe that doing facial exercises can help reduce wrinkles. However, the fact is that there are no studies that 100% show that facial exercises can help you with that. To get a face without wrinkles, of course other methods are needed such as surgery, botox injections, filler injections, or the use of facial creams.
Another way to reduce wrinkles is to eat fruits, vegetables, fish that contain omega-3, cocoa or chocolate, and soy-based supplements. In addition, you need to change your lifestyle to be healthier, with adequate sleep, not smoking, avoiding the sun, and wearing sun-protective creams.
In addition to doing facial exercises and use facial care cream, to get healthy and fresh skin also need to eat foods that can support skin health. For example eating foods that contain vitamins A, C, E, antioxidants, selenium, and of course drinking lots of water.